Land for Lease or Sale
SYRACUSE 6 & 13 TECHNOLOGY/INDUSTRIAL PARK
ACRES: 61 acres
ZONING: DPUD M-1
LOCATION: The Park is adjacent to US Route 6 and adjacent to SR 13 north of the Town of Syracuse. The Park is located in Benton Township in Elkhart County. The Park is a shovel ready site, that includes water, sewer, gas and electric throughout the site.
TOPOGRAPHY: The site has moderate to significant slopes with about 10 to 15 feet of vertical relief overall. The west half of the site drains off the site to the west. The east half of the site drains to the west into an onsite depression.
SEWER: The development is located within the Town of Syracuse's urban service area boundary. A 10" sewer main is located in and throughout the Park. Capacity is 1.05 million gallons per day with a usage of 500,000 gallons per day.
WATER: The development is located within the Town of Syracuse's urban service area boundary. A 12" water main is located in and throughout the Park. Capacity is 2.3 million gallons per day with a usage of 500,000 gallons per day.
STORM WATER: The site has available land for storage of pre-developed and developed runoff as required by Elkhart County Standards.
ELECTRICITY AND GAS: Gas and electric is provided by Northern Indiana Public Service Company (NIPSCO) throughout the Park.
TELEPHONE: Century Link is located near the Park.
RAIL: None at the site. CSX line is located 3 miles south of the Park in the Town of Syracuse. Amtrak trains are available in South Bend and Elkhart.
HIGHWAYS: US 6, US 33, US 20, SR 13, SR 15, SR 19, SR 119, SR 4, I-80/90, I-69
- Goshen Municipal - 8 miles
- Nappanee Municipal - 9 miles
- Warsaw Municipal - 18 miles
- Elkhart Municipal Airport - 28 miles
- South Bend Regional - 43 miles
- Ft. Wayne International - 43 miles
- Indianapolis International - 90 miles
- Chicago Midway International - 120 miles
- Chicago O'Hare International - 130 miles
TOWN OF SYRACUSE INCENTIVE PROGRAM
1. Receive a $1,000 grant for every job created up to $10,000, per acre per lot.
Example: There are 3 acres in a lot valued at $20,000 each. A company has 10 jobs. They will get an incentive
for $10,000 for each acre or $30,000 grant,
2. Waive water and sewer taps with the approval of the Town of Syracuse.
3. Build to lease or build to own facility.
4. Lease land.
CRITERIA TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR INCENTIVES
1. Business must locate within the Town of Syracuse Technology Park.
2. Business must commit to construction at least 12 months from the signed agreement with the town to
purchase the land.
3. Business must commit to remaining in the area for a minimum of 5 years and to achieve job creation goals
within 3 years.
4. Total job creation must provide at least 10 full- time equivalent (40 hours) jobs.
5. Entry level salaries for employees must not be less than $15.00 per hour.
6. Employer must agree to provide the Town with all required documentation to demonstrate compliance
with the above.
7. Employer is required to demonstrate proof that 100% of the grant is invested in the site or to offset
business expenses associated with the project.
8. Business must invest a minimum of $250,000.
9. The Town reserves the right to negotiate based on jobs, capital investment and future growth potential.